Saturday, November 1, 2008

We're in!

It's official- the first convention that Firefly Cargo Bay will be attending is Conflikt in Seattle January 30- February 1, 2009. This is a filk con and I'm excited because both the filk and Browncoat communities are very large and active in the NW area. I haven't been to a con on the west coast since 2006 and the con-that-never-was, Flanvestion II (hello all Browncoat Backup Bash attendees!) I'm so psyched to go, I wish it was January already. My mother always says, "Don't wish your life away" but it's hard not to! I wanna go!

Apparently, they're psyched about me going, too. I received this in an email from the con comm: "Just peeked at your web pages, and I'm _really_ excited you want to come out to the west coast. " I like being different! :) I will have many new and exciting products at my first show of 09 as well as a lot of the shinys that I've hauled all over the place in 08. Both filk and Browncoat items will be offered.

So, if you're out in the north west part of the American 'verse, plan to come hear some awesome sci fi themed folk music and hang out with really really cool people, and pop into the dealers' room and say hi!

Until next time:
"Ladies and menfolk, we have ourselves a job."

No comments: