Saturday, January 10, 2009

Shiny New Year

Ni Hao fellow Browncoats!

Welcome to 2009! It may have seemed as if I had gone into hibernation lately. I assure you that is not the case. I have been working on shiny new things behind the scenes here at Firefly Cargo Bay and '09 promises to be very exciting indeed!

Off line I have been working on a variety of things. First up is the preparation for FFCB's first show of the year; Conflikt in Seattle January 30 through February 1. I tried to scale down the amount of items I'd have at this show, since it is a small one. I failed at that miserably! I am taking at least 5 of each of every product I have! Plus, I'm having some of the Cafe Press designs shipped out there as well. That means I'll have nearly 200 different items to offer the filk fans attending the con. I know I'll be spilling off the table I got and taking up the majority of the dealers' room! I can't help myself.

Am I excited to be attending the filk con? Well... is it wrong that I'm already packed? It's *only* three weeks away you know!

Other activities include sporting my domestic side. I've been sewing. Really. By hand. I'm in the process of making rag dolls for each of the Firefly crew members. Right now i have 6 finished bodies and lots of material for more. I haven't decided which Big Damn Hero doll I will be making first. My daughters have voted for Kaylee in the layer cake dress, but I'm sort of leaning towards seeing what a little rag doll Jayne would look like! Whichever I decide, I will surely post the first finished one here before they go on the web site for sale. Each one is about 8 inches tall and, as I stated, made completely by hand, from scratch. I am able to complete about 1 body a day (just the body, not the clothes or finished doll) but so far they are worth the time imho.

Let's see... what else? Oh yes! More new products for the new year! Not all made by me mind you. That would take more time than I have to spare. But items designed by me and produced through various companies. I won't post any spoilers here (mostly because I like to have said items in production before I get anyone all excited about them or anything- just in case!)

There are already some new designs over at the Cafe Press Firefly Cargo Bay Shop waiting in the "Latest Cargo" section. I will have to admit several of them are actually Doctor Who related, but that's not my fault. I blame it squarely on Geek2Chic and thank them for it!

Well, that's the very brief run down of what's been doing here. We're still flyin' and that's good enough for me! (hey, if it's good enough for Mal!) My goals for 2009 are still to arrange for shipping within the US and for cleaning up the Firefly Cargo Bay website. Please be patient with both items, as others are involved, so logistics are not as simple as I would like. We'll get there though.

So, until new items, events, or occurrences... well, occur, have a great start to 09 and stay shiny!

Until next time:
"How come things never go according to the gorram plan?!"

No comments: