Tuesday, January 15, 2008

My First Shindig!

I feel just like Kaylee! I'm so excited!

Every month, the Toronto Browncoats try to get together just to get together. These type of gatherings used to be call "meet-ups"; not a con, not an official Firefly event, just fans hanging out. Then, somewhere along the line, our wonderful Captain, Nathan Fillion himself, said these meet ups were like fan shindigs. The rest, as they say...

So I am finally able to make an appearance at one - this Saturday. there's going to be over 30 Browncoats there and I am so jazzed about being one of them. I've been trying to get to a TO shindig for months, but it's hard since I live 2 hours away and have 2 kids under the age of 7. This time, though, I was determined not to miss it. I just didn't know how I was going to get myself there, as I will never drive into Toronto (I may be crazy, but I'm not stupid!)

Every Companion has her price and I wagered mine. I told my husband that if we arrange for a sleep over for our girls with the neighbour, then we could go to the shindig together. He said something about then we'd only get home at 11 pm or something. I then suggested that we, too could stay over in Toronto. To this he replied, "Well, if we're staying over, then we could avoid the whole neighbour thing and bring the girls as well." I instantly took him up on this offer.

That was a week ago. I wonder if it's occurred to him yet that not only did he miss the opportunity to spend a night alone with me in a hotel room, but he also made it that *he* has to look after both kids while I'm at the shindig? Bonus for me, eh?

Anyway! I'll be there in a very cunning brown coat. you can be assured that full reports will follow on this blog after the weekend.

Until next time:
"Course, you couldn't buy an invite with a diamond the size of a testicle, but I got my hands on a couple.
Of invites!"

No comments: