Monday, August 11, 2008

Well, That Makes More Sense!

We called the Dragon*Con dealer people and it turns out I'm not at booth #64 like it said in my letter. I'm at space number G4. It seems someone doesn't print very clearly and the G looked like a 6. It happens.

More D*C related stuff: There will be some Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along-Blog items for sale at the table. If you want them while you're there you'd best snag them when you see them. Once they're gone, they're gone forever! Cafe Press got a letter from Joss' lawyers saying, basically, cut it out, and pulled all designs related to DHSB. Quite officially too, which was surprising coming from Joss. He's always been supportive of the little guy and turns a blind eye to the freelance stuff. But I guess now that his own personal money is involved it's a different story.

I don't blame him or anything, and can understand that he wants to pay his crew and cast and all that and fair's fair. But he should know by now that people that love his work go all piratey and bootleg and yet still shell out every last dime they have for the official stuff when it's made available. We create a lot of "buzz" (as cafe press terms it) for his work and are a very creative bunch. So he should work with us instead of hushing us up.

I guess what it really comes down to is that I wouldn't mind being shut out in favor of the licensed merchandise if THE OFFICIAL STUFF DIDN'T SUCK SO HARD! It's really boring mediocre, first draft idea stuff and many of the designs and ideas on the sites on cafe press (and elsewhere) were much better.

I'm just sayin'.

Oh, and Adam Baldwin cancelled his appearance a D*C again this year.

So, I think that covers all my rants for the moment (I have a huge one with Canada Post right now, but it'd get banned from the internet if I printed in the language I want to use at the present time. Let's just say, that scene in "The Message" where Womack wants to light the postal clerk on fire? - I can relate!)

Until next time:
"Let's hope we got some funny hats, too"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey, hope it gets better for you. Keep flying. Life is gritty, and thats life.